Thursday, September 13, 2012

Look Who's 1 Month!

Posted by Kate at 1:48 PM
Our little friend survived 1 month under our care!  Happy birthday to him, and a nice pat on the back to us!

There are times when I feel like the time has completely flown by.  It seems like just yesterday we were headed to the hospital with a haphazardly packed overnight bag and car seat instructions.  Then there are other times when it seems like he's always been here.  Was there really a time when we could go to bed when we wanted, or cook a meal at a relaxed pace because we weren't trying to beat the clock (read: trying to get everything done before the little milk monster wakes up).

It's amazing to look at his pictures from the hospital.  It's only been a month.  30 days.  Yet he's changed so much.

He just looks older.

I see his eyes focus, and when I'm talking to him he's looking at me instead of just in my general direction.



We're starting to get a few real smiles - especially when we have playtime on the activity mat.  There's a certain brightly colored monkey that he finds fascinating.

He's awake for longer periods of time.  We have a stretch in the morning, mid-afternoon, and evening.  He has kept those very alert and curious eyes - I think he's going to be a quizzy kind of kid.

I continue to love him more every day.  As I become more comfortable in the mommy role, and I am able to predict how he will act, we're starting to have more fun together.  (In most cases, I know what to do to get him to calm down if he gets fussy - and I've come to learn if there's stuff to look at, a bottle handy, or the stroller/car to ride in we're most likely going to be okay.)

I've gone from not liking this little newborn stage all that much to really enjoying it.  I think the smiles and indications towards recognition of my face and voice really help.  It's nice to start having more fun with him!

Places we've visited in the first month:
The Hospital (mainly to the lactation office)
The Doctor
Mimi's house
Nana's house
Barnes & Noble in Salem
Barnes & Noble in Nashua
Market Basket
Trader Joe's
The beach (Pirate's Cove)
Prescott Park in Portsmouth
Our neighborhood (in the stroller)
Grammy's house
Dennis' company picnic in Strafford

Names we have for Dominic:
The cub
The loaf (when he's all swaddled)
Milk Monster
Belly Boy (that one's mine because I think his belly and bellybutton are adorable)

I can't wait to see the changes that take place as we head into month 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kate's Cradle Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea