Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week 8

Posted by Kate at 5:21 AM
It's the beginning of week 8 - and I know you're all wondering what's going on in my belly.

Baby is the size of a large raspberry this week (the fruit is getting more delicious as we move through the weeks!).  This week baby will be growing at about a millimeter per day!

What's growing on baby?  The tail is pretty much gone, so he/she is looking less like a reptile and more like a human.  (Although the fingers and toes are still webbed, so the verdict is still out on that...)  Lips, nose, eyelids, legs and back are taking shape.

Baby's heart is beating at 150 beats per minute!  To give you perspective, that's about twice as fast as mine (and yours).  

Baby is also starting to move this week, although I won't be able to feel it for many weeks.  The movements are kind of like spasms in the arms and legs, which is kind of neat to think about.  Of course this moving combined with high hormones could cause increased morning sickness.  Let's see if my good luck continues to hold this week!

I think I've been pretty lucky in the morning sickness department.  Most of the time I feel pretty good thanks to the suggestion of both Ma (Joanne) and Mum (...Mum) to munch absorbent things all day and try not to let the stomach get empty.  I brought pita chips Monday and Tuesday (delicious) and pretzels yesterday and today.  When I start to get that watery-mouth-omg-I-want-to-puke feeling I munch a little and it usually settles down.  Luckily I'm so busy at work it's kept me thinking of other things which helps a lot too.  I'm still liking most foods, although we bought a rotisserie chicken on our way home from the wedding and the smell in the car was really grossing me out.  The smell of the refrigerator in the teacher's room is grossing me out too so I hold my breath when I take stuff out of there.  I've also had a few times when my coffee has really turned me off and I've only had a few sips or half a cup.  (Not today though - I have a Dunks iced!)  

Oh, I'm also tired.  I reached a new low today and packed my make-up to put on in the bathroom because I needed extra sleep this morning.  (Not too tired to hit the BSO though - so excited to be going back to hear beautiful music tonight!)

How creepy is this picture... I hope my baby doesn't have shifty eyes like that. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for raspberry week!! :)

Anonymous said...

Take care of my little raspberry! Love that you take the baby to the BSO! Rice cakes work too.

Post a Comment

 

Kate's Cradle Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea